Research & Education
The Research & Education Team carries out secondary research on various health related topics and present the information in Vietnamese & English to VN CARES members and to the community. The R&E team educates the public and promotes preventative practices to reduce the risk of health related diseases.
The R&E internship offers transcript notation and can be attained by completing all requirements, which include a two-quarter commitment with at least 40 hours of service. Internship applications are available Fall and Spring quarter. Please check out the M.O.U. for more details (available in Resources section).
HEALTH EDUCATIOn Leading to prevention (H.E.L.P)
- Research on health and health care issues prevalent in the Asian community.
- Educate the community, students, patients, and fellow peers
VIETNAMESE INTERACTIVE Community EDUCATOR (V.I.C.E)
- Educate Vietnamese patients at our Sunday Clinic.
- Present concerns of cancer and prevalent health topics.
- Interact with patients to help them better understand the screening they are receiving at clinic.